May 15, 2014 10:34:13 AM
to successful convention
Accolades continue to be received for the recent Columbus hosting of the 85th Annual Convention of the Garden Clubs of Mississippi, Inc. Organized around the theme of "Columbus, Where Ideas Take Flight," the convention truly spotlighted our town at its best.
Thank you to all the numerous volunteers, supporters and talents that made our convention a huge success. Thanks especially to Mayor Robert Smith, the City Council, Tjajuan Boswell and city employees for the extra dedication to preparation of our town for its visitors, as well as being on site at the event to offer a personal welcome. Frank Goodman and his staff were tremendous in accommodating our facility needs.
Nancy Carpenter of our Convention & Visitors Bureau worked with us from start to finish. Her experienced advice, assistance with tours, and personal presence were very much appreciated.
Thanks to our many businesses and institutions who provided items for our registration bags, to Mary Tuggle of Palmer Home greenhouses, to Major Terone Stone and the Columbus High School Air Force Jr. ROTC, to Ralph Null for our design program, to the Columbus Fire Department. Our list could go on and on, from those groups who helped with set-up and take-down, to workshop speakers, to home and garden owners.
A special thanks to the individual members of the garden clubs of Columbus who served as decorators, greeters, meal servers, and refreshment providers.
This city is fortunate to have such an active group of clubs who help our town shine as a city of beauty.
1. Voice of the people: Justin Dornbusch LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
2. Voice of the people: Eddy Godfrey LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
3. Our View: Old Waverly's importance goes beyond golf DISPATCH EDITORIALS
4. Voice of the people: Bob Raymond LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
5. Voice of the people: Wayne Blankenship LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)