May 28, 2014 9:54:07 AM
Presidents Cup soccer: a dozen roses and more
I am certainly appreciative of the rose I received for my contributions in making the President's Cup Soccer Tournament a success; however, there were so many others involved that should receive accolades. So, please indulge me as I offer up my roses to the following:
Nancy Carpenter, CCVB Executive Director; CCVB Staff and Board of Directors; Greg Lewis, CLRA Director of Programs; CLRA Board of Directors; CLRA Maintenance Department; Mayor Robert Smith; Columbus City Council; Casey Bush, Director of Columbus Public Works; Tony Carleton, Columbus Interim Chief of Police; Martin Andrews, Columbus Fire Chief; Columbus Fire and Rescue Department; Baptist Memorial Hospital- Golden Triangle; Harry Sanders, Lowndes County Board of Supervisors President; Lowndes County Board of Supervisors, Ronnie Burns, Lowndes County Road Manager; Tommy Kidd, Lowndes County Road Assistant Manager; Tjajuan Boswell; Columbus United Soccer Volunteer Parents; Barbara Bigelow, Main Street Director; Scott Hannon, Triangle Maintenance Service; Waters Truck and Tractor; The Commercial Dispatch; Columbus Packet; WCBI-TV; The Citizens of Columbus and Lowndes County; Our families.
Thank you all for being great ambassadors of our city and county and for making the President's Cup the success it was.
CLRA Executive Director
1. Voice of the people: Lee Roy Lollar, Jr. LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
2. Voice of the people: Mike Murphy LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
3. Editorial cartoons for 11-24-15 NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Patrick Buchanan: Will Europe man up? NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Voice of the people: Bob Altman LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)