May 28, 2014 9:54:07 AM
Presidents Cup soccer: a dozen roses and more
I am certainly appreciative of the rose I received for my contributions in making the President's Cup Soccer Tournament a success; however, there were so many others involved that should receive accolades. So, please indulge me as I offer up my roses to the following:
Nancy Carpenter, CCVB Executive Director; CCVB Staff and Board of Directors; Greg Lewis, CLRA Director of Programs; CLRA Board of Directors; CLRA Maintenance Department; Mayor Robert Smith; Columbus City Council; Casey Bush, Director of Columbus Public Works; Tony Carleton, Columbus Interim Chief of Police; Martin Andrews, Columbus Fire Chief; Columbus Fire and Rescue Department; Baptist Memorial Hospital- Golden Triangle; Harry Sanders, Lowndes County Board of Supervisors President; Lowndes County Board of Supervisors, Ronnie Burns, Lowndes County Road Manager; Tommy Kidd, Lowndes County Road Assistant Manager; Tjajuan Boswell; Columbus United Soccer Volunteer Parents; Barbara Bigelow, Main Street Director; Scott Hannon, Triangle Maintenance Service; Waters Truck and Tractor; The Commercial Dispatch; Columbus Packet; WCBI-TV; The Citizens of Columbus and Lowndes County; Our families.
Thank you all for being great ambassadors of our city and county and for making the President's Cup the success it was.
CLRA Executive Director
1. Our View: Turner's good qualities should not be forgotten DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Our View: Is Mickens underpaid or under a rock? DISPATCH EDITORIALS
3. Voice of the people: Lee Roy Lollar LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
4. Voice of the people: Bob Altman LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
5. Editorial cartoons for 6-21-17 NATIONAL COLUMNS