July 10, 2014 11:03:48 AM
Groundhogs, woodchucks and nutrias
The picture in Tuesday's Freeze Frame titled "Harvey's last day" is of a nutria rat not a groundhog. Groundhogs or woodchuck's have a very short tail, coarse fur and do not have webbed feet. Both are numerous in Lowndes County but the nutria is a water animal that gets out on land only to feed on grasses or anything green and growing. Groundhogs compete with the nutria for food, but he is strictly a land animal.
1. Ask Rufus: Walt Disney and Catfish LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Slimantics: John Glenn: The right stuff LOCAL COLUMNS
3. Patrick Buchanan: Has the Trumpian revolution begun? NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Editorial cartoon for 12-9-16 NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Roses and thorns: 12/11/16 LOCAL COLUMNS