July 10, 2014 11:03:48 AM
Groundhogs, woodchucks and nutrias
The picture in Tuesday's Freeze Frame titled "Harvey's last day" is of a nutria rat not a groundhog. Groundhogs or woodchuck's have a very short tail, coarse fur and do not have webbed feet. Both are numerous in Lowndes County but the nutria is a water animal that gets out on land only to feed on grasses or anything green and growing. Groundhogs compete with the nutria for food, but he is strictly a land animal.
1. Our View: And the winner is ... Poindexter Hall DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Voice of the people: Martin Pomphrey, Jr. M.D. LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
3. Voice of the people: Marjorie (Margie) Canon LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
4. America's liberal tradition NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Voice of the people: Kelsey Van Every LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)