December 21, 2009 9:49:00 AM
I would like to offer a very different opinion from one of your reader''s negative comments about Rep. Harper''s comments at MSU graduation. Harper spoke unashamedly about his faith in God, about the Bible, his 30-year marriage, the government''s overspending, emphasizing to the students that charges on a credit card DO have to be repaid etc. Actually it was exciting to hear everything he had to say.
Vaughn Nickels, Columbus
Bubba Gump commented at 12/23/2009 6:49:00 AM:
They did the same thing at the W. They brought in some long-winded gas bag who went on and on about stuff. Most of it self-serving and I would imagine a politician would be the worst of them all.
And then Bridget sang next to me in what can only be described as the skinning of a live cat.
I was just glad to get out of there.
1. Ask Rufus: The Black Prairie of 1835 LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Leonard Pitts: The education gap between left and right NATIONAL COLUMNS
3. Froma Harrop: Hitting our heads against a border wall NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Possumhaw: Observations of a crappie fisherman LOCAL COLUMNS
5. Editorial Cartoon for 2-20-17 NATIONAL COLUMNS