April 5, 2010 10:28:00 AM
Ah, our local leaders (past and present). Isn''t it bad enough that we have to put up with the childish behavior and antics of Leroy Brooks and the criminal actions of Kamal Karriem and Jim Terry? Now it''s Robert Smith and Kabir Karriem!
Reading the Friday Commercial Dispatch headlines, it almost read like a big name fight card. As the details trickle out, it sounds even more childish than was initially reported. What do each of the above names have in common? Each one is or was an elected official. Each one is or was propped up as a role model for our local youth. Each one ended up acting like common thugs. Then, to top it off; the Easter Bunny gets arrested! What the heck is the world coming to?
Chester Love, Columbus
chill commented at 4/7/2010 4:08:00 PM:
Leroy Brooks, Kamal Karriem, Jim Terry, Robert Smith and Kabir Karriem.
"What do each of the above names have in common?"
Each one is or was an elected official...WRONG ANSWER
well...they were elected.....HOWEVER, that's NOT the most important thing they each have in common. You provided the correct answer later in your writing...."COMMON THUGS"
1. Lynn Spruill: Streets with personality LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Ask Rufus: In 1819 this was Columbus, Alabama LOCAL COLUMNS
3. Our View: 'Tell me a story' DISPATCH EDITORIALS
4. Voice of the people: Sarah Studdard LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
5. Patrick Buchanan: How Trump wins the debate NATIONAL COLUMNS