April 8, 2010 9:57:00 AM
Belk''s Charity Sale on May 1 from 6-10 a.m. will once again benefit local charities, schools and nonprofit organizations throughout the company''s 16-state market area, including Mississippi.
Belk''s previous Charity Sale, held on Nov. 7, 2009, raised more than $4 million for hundreds of participating nonprofit organizations.
On the morning of the event, the first 100 customers in each store will receive free Belk gift cards ranging in value from $5 to $100, and a chance to win one of three $1,000 Belk gift cards being awarded company-wide.
In addition, all participating charities and schools will be automatically registered to win one of three $1,000 donations from Belk in a company-wide drawing.
Participating local charities will sell the Charity Sale tickets in advance of the event and the proceeds from each $5 ticket will be retained by the charity.
Beginning Friday, April 23, tickets may also be purchased at Belk stores with all in-store ticket sale donations divided among the participating charities and schools in each location.
1. Our View: Turnage leads assault on public's right to open government DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Lynn Spruill: The march LOCAL COLUMNS
3. Ask Rufus: A tale of two boxers in Columbus LOCAL COLUMNS
4. Voice of the people: Jimmy Bonner LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
5. Susan Estrich: Forty-two years later NATIONAL COLUMNS