April 8, 2010 9:57:00 AM
Belk''s Charity Sale on May 1 from 6-10 a.m. will once again benefit local charities, schools and nonprofit organizations throughout the company''s 16-state market area, including Mississippi.
Belk''s previous Charity Sale, held on Nov. 7, 2009, raised more than $4 million for hundreds of participating nonprofit organizations.
On the morning of the event, the first 100 customers in each store will receive free Belk gift cards ranging in value from $5 to $100, and a chance to win one of three $1,000 Belk gift cards being awarded company-wide.
In addition, all participating charities and schools will be automatically registered to win one of three $1,000 donations from Belk in a company-wide drawing.
Participating local charities will sell the Charity Sale tickets in advance of the event and the proceeds from each $5 ticket will be retained by the charity.
Beginning Friday, April 23, tickets may also be purchased at Belk stores with all in-store ticket sale donations divided among the participating charities and schools in each location.
1. Our View: Legislative malpractice DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Froma Harrop: Campus liberals are too easy to bait NATIONAL COLUMNS
3. Connie Schultz: Cheer, cheer for the protesters of Notre Dame NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Our View: Taking the fight to Parkinson's DISPATCH EDITORIALS
5. Editorial cartoons for 5-24-17 NATIONAL COLUMNS