April 14, 2010 9:39:00 AM
I applaud Charlie Box for taking a stand against borrowing extra money to pay for the community centers. I think restoring the bridge is a good idea. Let the people who use the community centers clean them up. Paint and a broom cost very little. When they prove they can take care of them, consider re-building. By then the economy should have improved enough to justify borrowing the money. The bridge would be an asset, but you need to get your priorities in order.
1. Voice of the people: Aubrey Ray LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
2. Our View: City's handling of Ball incident continues to undermine confidence DISPATCH EDITORIALS
3. Lynn Spruill: Mandatory service to country LOCAL COLUMNS
4. Voice of the people: Berry Hinds LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
5. Susan Estrich: Why women should be for Hillary NATIONAL COLUMNS