April 14, 2010 9:39:00 AM
I applaud Charlie Box for taking a stand against borrowing extra money to pay for the community centers. I think restoring the bridge is a good idea. Let the people who use the community centers clean them up. Paint and a broom cost very little. When they prove they can take care of them, consider re-building. By then the economy should have improved enough to justify borrowing the money. The bridge would be an asset, but you need to get your priorities in order.
1. Ask Rufus: Highway 45 North to the Ocean LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Roses and thorns: 7/23/17 ROSES & THORNS
3. Partial to Home: Collecting the past LOCAL COLUMNS
4. Steve Chapman: Mike Pence's opportunity NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Patrick J. Buchanan: Is Iran in our gun sights now? NATIONAL COLUMNS