April 14, 2010 9:39:00 AM
I applaud Charlie Box for taking a stand against borrowing extra money to pay for the community centers. I think restoring the bridge is a good idea. Let the people who use the community centers clean them up. Paint and a broom cost very little. When they prove they can take care of them, consider re-building. By then the economy should have improved enough to justify borrowing the money. The bridge would be an asset, but you need to get your priorities in order.
1. Ask Rufus: Earthquakes, volcanoes and fossils LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Slimantics: Self-incrimination through social media NATIONAL COLUMNS
3. Roses and thorns: 5/1/16 ROSES & THORNS
4. Kathleen Parker: Trump deals Clinton a winning card NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Other editors: The campaign likability factor NATIONAL COLUMNS