April 14, 2010 9:39:00 AM
I applaud Charlie Box for taking a stand against borrowing extra money to pay for the community centers. I think restoring the bridge is a good idea. Let the people who use the community centers clean them up. Paint and a broom cost very little. When they prove they can take care of them, consider re-building. By then the economy should have improved enough to justify borrowing the money. The bridge would be an asset, but you need to get your priorities in order.
1. Ask Rufus: Uncle Bunky LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Roses and thorns: 8/31/15 ROSES & THORNS
3. Birney Imes: Allen Roberts wants to give you a flower LOCAL COLUMNS
4. Partick Buchanan: Dis-integrating America NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Leonard Pitts: Vester Flanagan has made witnesses of us all NATIONAL COLUMNS