September 14, 2017 10:57:42 AM
Disaster prep rally
We are writing to thank you for allowing us to have access to students at Joe Cook Elementary School for the "Disaster Prep Rally" on Sept. 11. Approximately 300 students were able to benefit from the program, designed to prepare them (and their families) in the event of a disaster.
We especially commend Principal Dr. Tim Wilcox and his team for the exceptional welcome we received. It seems the entire faculty and staff had been involved with preparing for the event, and the support they provided was fantastic.
Most gratifying was the reception of the students, as they went from exhibit to exhibit - learning from Police, Fire, Red Cross and other agencies.
Thank you again to you, Dr. Hickman, as well as to Dr. Wilcox and his entire Joe Cook Team.
Danny W. Avery
Avery is executive director of Lowndes County United Way; Sanders is director of Volunteer Columbus.
1. Ask Rufus: The City Halls of Columbus LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Partial to Home: Jim Lavender's circus dreams LOCAL COLUMNS
3. Roses and thorns 9/24/17 ROSES & THORNS
4. Patrick Buchanan: Trump -- American Gaullis NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Steve Chapman: Trump's dangerous confusion on the Iranian deal NATIONAL COLUMNS