September 18, 2017 11:10:57 AM
Not holding his breath
The recent brouhaha in DC illustrates what's wrong with American politics. The GOP can't get it together & govern for the best interests of the country, and you can't trust the Democrats to stick to any deal they make with Republicans.
President Trump couldn't get his agenda moved forward by the Republicans, so he tried to deal with the Democrats. He's not a career politician, but still he should have known better than to try to deal with Democrats.
Both parties need to get off of their high horses and compromise in good faith with each other for the good of America. I'm not holding my breath.
1. Our View: Public deserves to know details on Lee development DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Editorial cartoons for 6-19-18 NATIONAL COLUMNS
3. Our View: Rural doctor program could be model for reducing brain drain DISPATCH EDITORIALS
4. David Harsanyi: Free trade already puts America first NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Leonard Pitts: Immigrant children are real children NATIONAL COLUMNS