May 14, 2010 10:20:00 AM
I wanted to take this opportunity to thank all of the runners, helpers and volunteers that helped to make this year''s Columbus Leg of the Law Enforcement Torch Run possible. This year, we had representation from the Mayor''s Office, City of Columbus Human Resources, Columbus Fire Department, Lowndes County Sheriff''s Office, Mississippi University for Women Police Department, 4-H of Lowndes County, Baptist Memorial Hospital Ambulance Service, Columbus - Lowndes County E911 Dispatch, Columbus Municipal Court, Special Olympics of Mississippi Athletes and the Columbus Police Department.
Without your assistance and effort, we would not have been able to represent the Golden Triangle Law Enforcement Agencies in this year''s Torch Run. This year Starkville and West Point Law Enforcement agencies were unable to participate in the Run making our participation even more important.
Once again, thank you for your hard work.
Keith E. Worshaim
1. Our View: Starkville aldermen pay raise is hard to justify DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Voice of the people: Mike Cooper LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
3. Our View: Campaign finance needs more scrutiny DISPATCH EDITORIALS
4. Voice of the people: Cameron Triplett LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
5. Leonard Pitts: Police brutality is a problem for everyone NATIONAL COLUMNS