February 2, 2018 10:40:51 AM
Columnist's name-calling inexcusable
In Thursday's paper, Steve Chapman wrote, "If you squinted your eyes just a bit, he looked like a reasonable approximation of a higher primate." He was referring to President Trump.
If anybody had said anything even remotely similar to former President Obama, liberals would still be calling for his/her head on a platter. Blacks would still be rioting over anybody comparing a half-black president to a monkey, but it's OK for liberals to do that to Trump?
I guess it's "Do as I SAY, not as I DO"! Everybody needs to clean up their own backyards (me included) before telling others to get theirs in order. American voters & especially commentators, need to grow up.
1. Patrick Buchanan: Protect kids or confiscate guns? NATIONAL COLUMNS
2. Our View: More names needed for second school district seat DISPATCH EDITORIALS
3. Ask Rufus: The Tombigbee Disasters of March 1 LOCAL COLUMNS
4. Editorial cartoons for 2-23-18 NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Roses and thorns 2/25/18 ROSES & THORNS