March 12, 2009
After reading the Commercial Dispatch article on Claude Simpson. I decided to attend the Jan. 9 Democratic Executive Committee meeting in the boardroom of Lowndes County Courthouse and then again for the March 2 meeting.
During the meeting the phrase "Okie Dokie" was used, and it reminded me of when Barack Obama was in Columbus. If you remember while he was here Hillary Clinton was trying to persuade him to be her VP running mate. And his response, standing right here in Columbus, was that he was not going along with those "Okie Dokie" politics.
It is refreshing to report that right here in Columbus we are moving on away from the old "Okie Dokie" politics as usual in the Democratic party.
1. Ask Rufus: The origin of 'Mississippi' LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Roses and thorns: 6/26/16 ROSES & THORNS
3. Partial to Home: Bluegrass in the heart of the county LOCAL COLUMNS
4. Voice of the people: Sarah Studdard LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
5. Patrick J. Buchanan: Has Trump found the formula? NATIONAL COLUMNS