May 23, 2018 10:54:56 AM
Appreciation for letter on gun violence
Thank you, Tina. There was a time your remarks would be a nice contribution to an earnest and respectful discussion about gun regulation. There was a time when the NRA was a responsible organization focused on marksmanship and gun safety. Not now; this is a time of Second Amendment fanaticism, anti-government paranoia, and an obsession with the power of guns. The later, the attraction to the decisive force of guns, might be the greatest factor in these repeated events of horror.
Regardless, in these times, your willingness to comment took courage and again, thank you.
I think there are many who agree with you and who, like me, were touched by your heartfelt words.
When my kids were young, I was concerned about them being bullied. Now I worry about my grandchildren's physical safety.
1. Our View: Public deserves to know details on Lee development DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Editorial cartoons for 6-19-18 NATIONAL COLUMNS
3. David Harsanyi: Free trade already puts America first NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Our View: Rural doctor program could be model for reducing brain drain DISPATCH EDITORIALS
5. Leonard Pitts: Immigrant children are real children NATIONAL COLUMNS