August 28, 2018 10:24:02 AM
Turning point of life
The recent death of Senator McCain was felt by everyone irrespective of political affiliations by heart, and he lived a good life of 81 years. He conquered near death in his adult life and later on made an illustrious public career.
My thoughts go to one of their family members, Bridget McCain, who was in fact adopted from the Sisters of Charity of Mother Teresa Children's Home in Bangladesh, my native country. During their visit to Bangladesh in 1993, Cindy McCain decided to adopt this little baby.
An orphan with no name possibly at birth, made a journey to a life many around the world couldn't think of. I am proud of McCain family.
1. Roses and thorns: 11/11/18 ROSES & THORNS
2. Possumhaw: 'Twas a dark and stormy night LOCAL COLUMNS
3. Editorial cartoon 11/11/18 NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Other Editors 11-12-18 NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Leonard Pitts Jr.: What journalists do NATIONAL COLUMNS