October 10, 2018 10:39:03 AM
A changing party
The swearing-in of Bret Kavanaugh as a Supreme Court justice is a major, major victory for the reactionary wing of the Republican Party. The party of Eisenhower, Everett Dirksen, and Nixon has vanished; in its place is the party of Gingrich, McConnell, and Trump.
Like the Cheshire Cat, the old Republican Elephant has faded away. The Cat left us its smile, the Elephant only its dung.
Lamar County, Alabama
1. Steve Chapman: America vs. the World is a losing game NATIONAL COLUMNS
2. Our View: It just means more DISPATCH EDITORIALS
3. Patrick Buchanan: Caravan puts Trump legacy on the line NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Ask Rufus: No. 27 and Mrs. Harris' Pumpkin Pie LOCAL COLUMNS
5. Editorial cartoon for 10-19-18 NATIONAL COLUMNS