July 20, 2010 9:02:00 AM
As mayor of the City of Columbus and on behalf of the City Council, we are asking the citizens of Columbus and surrounding areas to refrain from using the old river bridge, located at the Riverwalk, as a diving board. We are concerned that someone will be seriously injured. To enforce this request, the Columbus Police Department will increase patrolling of the area. No trespassing signs will be put up, as well. If you are caught jumping and/or trespassing you will be arrested and fined.
This request is for safety reasons only and your cooperation of this request is greatly appreciated.
Robert E. Smith, Sr., Columbus
roscoe p. coltrain commented at 7/28/2010 7:27:00 AM:
Or you could drop the stupid thing into the river and not have to worry about someone getting hurt, or wasting police manpower on it. And save yourself a couple thousand dollars to boot.
And did you stop to think about having to patrol the bridge FROM NOW ON???
Sounds like poor trip planning to me.
1. Our View: Trufant becomes face of MUW Athletics DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Our View: A search for the truth DISPATCH EDITORIALS
3. Leonard Pitts: Bathroom bans -- part of the new American ethos NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Froma Harrop: Our sick drug business NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Editorial cartoons for 5-4-16 NATIONAL COLUMNS