August 6, 2010 10:48:00 AM
I am disappointed in the behavior and actions of Caledonia Mayor George Gerhart. It was very low class to wait until the meeting was over, and then call the Packet and say such untrue and disparaging things about Bill Darnell instead of saying them to his face. Bill is a hard-working and honest Christian man and you will be hard pressed to find a better woman than Betty Darnell. Both of them have been hard workers and supporters of Caledonia''s progress for years.
I do not know what positive things George Gerhart has done for Caledonia since he was elected mayor by a narrow margin. All I have seen is constant contention, fighting and back stabbing in the aldermen meetings. I know several who sit on that board and they are all nice people who want what is best for Caledonia. They are not the ones stirring this pot.
All I can say is I wish a few more people had voted last election day, and I hope the next election comes quickly. I can think of a several people in Caledonia who would be effective as mayor and do the job well. Mr. Gerhart is not among them.
roscoe p. coltrain commented at 8/9/2010 5:59:00 AM:
What would you expect from a man who tried to interfere with a murder trial based on some "good ole boy" connection to the family of the accused?
Better luck next election?
doj commented at 8/9/2010 9:43:00 AM:
Why do you Caledonians keep electing this man?
1. Voice of the people: Roger Wade LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
2. Voice of the people: Jeff Turnage LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
3. Voice of the people: Berry Hinds LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
4. Our View: State flag is bad for Mississippi's brand DISPATCH EDITORIALS
5. Leonard Pitts: A speech for history NATIONAL COLUMNS