August 12, 2010 12:38:00 PM
It is with extreme importance that I write this letter to you. Your paper and the public needs to know that facts concerning the disagreement between myself and Alderman Darnell. This began back in May or June when Darnell was seeking a position with the Mississippi Municipal League. Darnell never asked me for my support, nor did he ask the North Mississippi Mayor Association of which Caledonia was a member.
This disagreement carried over into the July 6 and Aug. 3 board meetings. I did make a statement to another paper to which I realize was a mistake.
With this letter, I do apologize to the Town of Caledonia, the Board, and any other persons that were offended by my actions and words. This apology especially goes out to Mr. and Mrs. Dale Darnell.
If any persons need any information concerning this letter, feel free to call me at 662-251-8249.
Mayor George Gerhart
Town of Caledonia
1. Ask Rufus: It was 75 years ago LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Roses and thorns: 10/19/14 ROSES & THORNS
3. Our View: County's school district should not take 'no' for an answer DISPATCH EDITORIALS
4. Possumhaw: The persimmon is possible to eat LOCAL COLUMNS
5. Michael Gerson: Ebola challenges America's ability to adapt NATIONAL COLUMNS