August 18, 2010 10:42:00 AM
I remember the song by The Emotions in the 70''s. The song was about getting to know a person for yourself, but do you really know your neighbor. Is he or she a robber or murderous? How safe are you in regards to a neighbor? Statistically, the average burglary is committed by someone in the neighborhood. A friend of mine was recently assaulted in his neighborhood over the First Amendment of the Constitution, the freedom of speech. How free is freedom when you are not safe around home? Well, don''t ask my neighbor.
Charlie Fenster, Columbus
sharp nasal kent commented at 8/18/2010 4:26:00 PM:
A friend of mine was recently assaulted in his neighborhood over the First Amendment of the Constitution, the freedom of speech.
I'd like to hear more please.
blatch commented at 8/19/2010 8:11:00 AM:
And while your at it, post a source for those statistics. I'm pretty safe with neighbors. I carry a gun.
1. Lynn Spruill: Meditation LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Our View: It's easy to get excited about college football DISPATCH EDITORIALS
3. George Will: Navy with a mission in mind NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Froma Harrop: The smallness of being in economy class NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Our View: Body cameras can protect citizens, police alike DISPATCH EDITORIALS