August 18, 2010 10:42:00 AM
I remember the song by The Emotions in the 70''s. The song was about getting to know a person for yourself, but do you really know your neighbor. Is he or she a robber or murderous? How safe are you in regards to a neighbor? Statistically, the average burglary is committed by someone in the neighborhood. A friend of mine was recently assaulted in his neighborhood over the First Amendment of the Constitution, the freedom of speech. How free is freedom when you are not safe around home? Well, don''t ask my neighbor.
Charlie Fenster, Columbus
sharp nasal kent commented at 8/18/2010 4:26:00 PM:
A friend of mine was recently assaulted in his neighborhood over the First Amendment of the Constitution, the freedom of speech.
I'd like to hear more please.
blatch commented at 8/19/2010 8:11:00 AM:
And while your at it, post a source for those statistics. I'm pretty safe with neighbors. I carry a gun.
1. Our View: Hughes bears unmistakable mark of leadership DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Our View: Unemployment rates show the importance of small business DISPATCH EDITORIALS
3. Leonard Pitts: Pragmatism don't know Bernie NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Lynn Spruill: BINGO! LOCAL COLUMNS
5. Froma Harrop: The public squalor of airport security NATIONAL COLUMNS