September 1, 2010 11:10:00 AM
My husband and I are from Enterprise. We spent this past Saturday, in Columbus visiting with Pete''s foster father who he lived with several years ago. My husband is one of 14 children born to James and Mattie Butler of Columbus. He and several of the youngest children were taken from the home by the Welfare Department 40 years ago.
Through the beauty of the Internet, I had managed to find a few leads on possible relatives. We managed to locate a biological aunt and several cousins. Through them, we were able to locate three of Pete''s biological brothers and a sister in law Saturday night. He was the last of the 14 to be reunited with his family. We had a great time and look forward to returning to Columbus to visit with our new family. Hopefully we can meet more of them next time.
April and Pete (Butler) Floyd
1. Our View: State flag is bad for Mississippi's brand DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Patrick Buchanan: Quo vadis, America? NATIONAL COLUMNS
3. Our View: State flag is bad for Mississippi's brand DISPATCH EDITORIALS
4. Editorial Cartoon for 7-2-15 NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Lynn Spruill: Journey's end LOCAL COLUMNS