October 20, 2010 8:40:00 AM
My wife and I and another couple have just returned from three days in your wonderful town. We came Friday for the Legends Concert after reading about it on Facebook. The concert was fabulous, well organized, in a great venue and a joy for us late 40-somethings who remember Percy Sledge and Bobby Bland from our childhood.
But as good as the concert was, your town is one of the best-kept secrets in the Southeast. We stayed an extra night just top visit. No wonder it is a Great American Main Street. Great restaurants, the nicest people you could meet and more to do than we could have imagined. Your town is now a permanent bookmark on our web searches when we are looking for a great weekend getaway.
We can''t wait to return.
J. B. Berry
1. Slimantics: Ban a book, rob a mind LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Lynn Spruill: Inspiring voter registration LOCAL COLUMNS
3. Voice of the people: Martha Kirkley LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
4. Voice of the people: Marion Whitley LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
5. Editorial cartoon for 9-30-16 NATIONAL COLUMNS