October 20, 2010 8:40:00 AM
My wife and I and another couple have just returned from three days in your wonderful town. We came Friday for the Legends Concert after reading about it on Facebook. The concert was fabulous, well organized, in a great venue and a joy for us late 40-somethings who remember Percy Sledge and Bobby Bland from our childhood.
But as good as the concert was, your town is one of the best-kept secrets in the Southeast. We stayed an extra night just top visit. No wonder it is a Great American Main Street. Great restaurants, the nicest people you could meet and more to do than we could have imagined. Your town is now a permanent bookmark on our web searches when we are looking for a great weekend getaway.
We can''t wait to return.
J. B. Berry
1. Ask Rufus: The blues heritage of the Black Prairie LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Leonard Pitts: 'Hillbilly Elegy': a portrait of America's unseen NATIONAL COLUMNS
3. Bill Crawford: Mississippi needs every federal dollar it can get NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Roses and thorns 8/28/16 ROSES & THORNS
5. Patrick Buchanan: Lots of smoke here, Hillary NATIONAL COLUMNS