March 27, 2009
Once again Harvey Myrick and his crew of hard workers have given Columbus another "star." The event was well planned, certainly well attended, and enjoyed by all ages!
Speaking for my group, The Columbus-Lowndes Humane Society, we had a wonderful time and appreciate being the recipient of the donations given at the gate.
We were fortunate enough to have four puppies, two adult dogs and one kitten adopted on Saturday (We still have many, many at the shelter in case you would like to adopt one.).
Chuck Cook, Kenneth Montgomery, and Barbara VanLandingham were so helpful to us and to everyone that came through the gates.
The food was delicious, the weather was perfect, band sounded great and being one of the receivers of the drawing money from the bike show which the Gold Wing Road Riders Association had was icing on our cake.
Each animal that is adopted, every dollar that is given goes to further our cause for the shelter.
Thank you, Harvey, and your team for your support of The Columbus-Lowndes Humane Society.
Juliaette Sharp, Columbus
Sharp, along with Norlene Wolford, Teresa Palmer-Miley, Brenda Comer, and Sam S. Chesnut, is a member of the Humane Society''s board of directors.
1. Our View: Turner's good qualities should not be forgotten DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Voice of the people: Bob Altman LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
3. Editorial cartoons for 6-21-17 NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Steve Chapman: Political violence: 'As American as cherry pie' NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Our View: Is Mickens underpaid or under a rock? DISPATCH EDITORIALS