October 27, 2010 12:25:00 PM
I''ve been a citizen of Clay County my entire life, and despite a strong interest in local politics, I have never taken pen in hand to write on behalf of a candidate for a particular race because I feel there has never been so qualified and deserving a candidate as Lee Coleman for Place 3 of the 16th Circuit Court. This is a position that was recently created by the legislature so there is no incumbent in the race. Even though there is a residence requirement for Clay and Noxubee Counties, Lee Coleman will represent all four counties in the 16th district should he be elected, meaning that all four counties will vote in the general election. He has spent 35 years in general law practice as well as serving two terms in the Mississippi House of Representatives. He has also been the attorney for the Board of Supervisors for two years.
My family has known the Coleman family for generations and he is a solid and fair man who comes from a strong foundation. He has the makings of a reasonable and balanced judge and deserves your vote!
1. Our View: Gun violence in unexpected places DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Froma Harrop: Racing through nature NATIONAL COLUMNS
3. Voice of the people: Billy Hairston LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
4. Our View: The value of play DISPATCH EDITORIALS
5. Possumhaw: Imagine a world of butterflies LOCAL COLUMNS