October 27, 2010 12:25:00 PM
Covenant Presbyterian Church wishes to acknowledge the open-hearted giving of the people of Columbus at our annual yard sale on Oct. 16 that was for the benefit of a small boy named Ben and his family who live near Mobile. Ben is the grand-nephew of Nell Bateman.
In two years of life, he has endured unimaginable medical and surgical problems -- from being born with one leg to cancer and the resulting removal of a large share of his spine. He is a cheery, busy, curly-headed boy with determination. His family and our church members thank you for your generosity and spiritual support. We pray that your giving will result in many blessings for you all as well.
Mrs. Theo J. Gordon
Elder, Covenant Presbyterian Church
1. Ask Rufus: Lost churches of Columbus LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Editorial Cartoons for 8-20-17 NATIONAL COLUMNS
3. Voice of the people: Lee Roy Lollar Jr. LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
4. Slimantics: If an eclipse can stop one war ... LOCAL COLUMNS
5. Roses and thorns: 8/20/17 ROSES & THORNS