October 27, 2010 12:25:00 PM
Covenant Presbyterian Church wishes to acknowledge the open-hearted giving of the people of Columbus at our annual yard sale on Oct. 16 that was for the benefit of a small boy named Ben and his family who live near Mobile. Ben is the grand-nephew of Nell Bateman.
In two years of life, he has endured unimaginable medical and surgical problems -- from being born with one leg to cancer and the resulting removal of a large share of his spine. He is a cheery, busy, curly-headed boy with determination. His family and our church members thank you for your generosity and spiritual support. We pray that your giving will result in many blessings for you all as well.
Mrs. Theo J. Gordon
Elder, Covenant Presbyterian Church
1. Our View: Muscle Shoals: There's still a message in the music DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Our View: An open and fair discussion? Don't count on it. DISPATCH EDITORIALS
3. The Bard: 450 years old today NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Froma Harrop: Better care can also cost less NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Charlie Mitchell: A case for doing nothing LOCAL COLUMNS