November 1, 2010 10:59:00 AM
For those not aware, a new circuit judgeship has been created--Place Three--that serves Oktibbeha, Clay, Lowndes and Noxubee Counties. The candidates for this position must reside in Clay or Noxubee counties but will serve all four counties.
Circuit judges hear criminal matters as well as citizen appeals of decisions made by local governments. If I were standing before a judge with my freedom on the line, I would want the person judging me to take the position seriously and hold an error-free trial free of favoritism or political pressures from outsiders. Justice should be blind with the facts determining the outcome and nothing else.
If I were standing trial, I would want the judge to be someone like Bob Marshall. Bob would be a fair, honest and impartial judge. Bob has the experience, knowledge and integrity to serve our community well.
Please go to the polls and vote for Bob Marshall on Tuesday, Nov. 2.
wpmedic1 commented at 11/1/2010 8:26:00 PM:
I second this opinion. I have known Mr. Marshall and his family for years and know from experience that they are good people. Mr. Marshall has always been fair with me and I have never heard a negative word about him.
1. Ask Rufus: The blues heritage of the Black Prairie LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Leonard Pitts: 'Hillbilly Elegy': a portrait of America's unseen NATIONAL COLUMNS
3. Bill Crawford: Mississippi needs every federal dollar it can get NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Roses and thorns 8/28/16 ROSES & THORNS
5. Patrick Buchanan: Lots of smoke here, Hillary NATIONAL COLUMNS