November 2, 2010 11:03:00 AM
Recently I read about Coach Dan Mullen of Mississippi State University telling the student body to respect the ruling on ringing cowbells at football games. I totally agree with him. The school has been wrong through the years by not obeying this rule. Having been to other colleges before coming to State, it seemed strange to me for people to ring the bells instead of cheering for the team.
There are ways to solve this problem. For example, set up equipment similar used at airports to detect certain types of metal. When a person is caught with a cowbell, take the bell from the person and later sell the bell back to them. State should keep records of individuals breaking rules and penalize those individuals who continue to do so.
bulldog99 commented at 11/2/2010 6:06:00 PM:
Dumbest comment of the week goes to you. Congratulations!
1. Voice of the people: Benny Cooper LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
2. Wyatt Emmerich: Our broken prison system LOCAL COLUMNS
3. Possumhaw: The humming of a deaf cat LOCAL COLUMNS
4. Voice of the people: Glenn Lautzenhiser LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
5. Our View: Finding good value in higher ed, MUW rises to the top DISPATCH EDITORIALS