November 9, 2010 9:38:00 AM
I wanted to express in Voice of the People my views regarding the veterans and their courage to serve our country. I recently attended the Veterans'' Day Parade on Saturday with my 85-year-old father, Joseph R. Johnson. He served in WWII and landed at Normandy Beach. He was fortunate enough to survive. It brings a tear to my eye to watch the veterans in the parade and think of the sacrifices they made on behalf of this wonderful country. It saddens me to think of the people who cannot take the time to thank them by attending a parade in their honor. There are so very few that attend each parade. Could we not post it earlier and say it louder in their behalf each year so that more people will know about it earlier and make plans hopefully to attend.
1. Our View: Sometimes raising taxes is the right thing to do DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Froma Harrop: Trump has media crying ... all the way to the bank NATIONAL COLUMNS
3. Wyatt Emmerich: The debate over tax and spend LOCAL COLUMNS
4. Ask Rufus: The Cotton Plant LOCAL COLUMNS
5. Editorial cartoon for 2-24-17 NATIONAL COLUMNS