November 9, 2010 9:38:00 AM
I wanted to express in Voice of the People my views regarding the veterans and their courage to serve our country. I recently attended the Veterans'' Day Parade on Saturday with my 85-year-old father, Joseph R. Johnson. He served in WWII and landed at Normandy Beach. He was fortunate enough to survive. It brings a tear to my eye to watch the veterans in the parade and think of the sacrifices they made on behalf of this wonderful country. It saddens me to think of the people who cannot take the time to thank them by attending a parade in their honor. There are so very few that attend each parade. Could we not post it earlier and say it louder in their behalf each year so that more people will know about it earlier and make plans hopefully to attend.
1. Our View: Not all government-subsidized housing is created equally DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Froma Harrop: Yoga pants criticism goes viral NATIONAL COLUMNS
3. Leonard Pitts: America shaped by Emmett Till's death NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Our View: Breast cancer is everyone's fight DISPATCH EDITORIALS
5. Editorial Cartoon for 10-26-16 NATIONAL COLUMNS