November 9, 2010 9:38:00 AM
I wanted to express in Voice of the People my views regarding the veterans and their courage to serve our country. I recently attended the Veterans'' Day Parade on Saturday with my 85-year-old father, Joseph R. Johnson. He served in WWII and landed at Normandy Beach. He was fortunate enough to survive. It brings a tear to my eye to watch the veterans in the parade and think of the sacrifices they made on behalf of this wonderful country. It saddens me to think of the people who cannot take the time to thank them by attending a parade in their honor. There are so very few that attend each parade. Could we not post it earlier and say it louder in their behalf each year so that more people will know about it earlier and make plans hopefully to attend.
1. Our View: Gun violence in unexpected places DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Slimantics: A tale of two tails LOCAL COLUMNS
3. Froma Harrop: Racing through nature NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Voice of the people: Billy Hairston LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
5. Susan Estrich: What went wrong in Ferguson NATIONAL COLUMNS