November 23, 2010 10:24:00 AM
I''ve been going to Mississippi State football games for over 50 years. During that time I have not ever experienced anything as moving as Ms. Linda Bell, the mother of Nick Bell, going onto the field this past weekend during the pregame tribute to her son and ringing her cowbell after the "moment of silence" in memory of Nick.
If you weren''t there, first you heard her lone cowbell ringing in a completely silent stadium and then she was joined by the thousands of cowbells in the stands. I''m sure I wasn''t the only one in those stands with watery eyes.
1. Ask Rufus: A tale of two boxers in Columbus LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Voice of the people: Jeff Turnage LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
3. Roses and thorns: 1/25/15 ROSES & THORNS
4. Leonard Pitts: Why serious people discount Fox News NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Slimantics: Ours is a blended family LOCAL COLUMNS