November 23, 2010 10:24:00 AM
I''ve been going to Mississippi State football games for over 50 years. During that time I have not ever experienced anything as moving as Ms. Linda Bell, the mother of Nick Bell, going onto the field this past weekend during the pregame tribute to her son and ringing her cowbell after the "moment of silence" in memory of Nick.
If you weren''t there, first you heard her lone cowbell ringing in a completely silent stadium and then she was joined by the thousands of cowbells in the stands. I''m sure I wasn''t the only one in those stands with watery eyes.
1. Our View: Starkville aldermen pay raise is hard to justify DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Voice of the people: Mike Cooper LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
3. Our View: Campaign finance needs more scrutiny DISPATCH EDITORIALS
4. Voice of the people: Cameron Triplett LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
5. Leonard Pitts: Police brutality is a problem for everyone NATIONAL COLUMNS