December 18, 2010 7:48:00 PM
Earlier this month in our annual Christmas card, our paper carrier noted she would be retiring from delivering our paper. I got to thinking about what a great carrier she has been through the years. Not once have we missed a paper. Growing up my younger brother had a paper route that I would help him with occasionally, it is no small task.
I think all the years of great service from Annie McDaniel are certainly worth a rose. Her card said she had been a carrier for 47-48 years.
1. Ask Rufus: It was 75 years ago LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Our View: County's school district should not take 'no' for an answer DISPATCH EDITORIALS
3. Roses and thorns: 10/19/14 ROSES & THORNS
4. Possumhaw: The persimmon is possible to eat LOCAL COLUMNS
5. Michael Gerson: Ebola challenges America's ability to adapt NATIONAL COLUMNS