December 18, 2010 7:48:00 PM
Earlier this month in our annual Christmas card, our paper carrier noted she would be retiring from delivering our paper. I got to thinking about what a great carrier she has been through the years. Not once have we missed a paper. Growing up my younger brother had a paper route that I would help him with occasionally, it is no small task.
I think all the years of great service from Annie McDaniel are certainly worth a rose. Her card said she had been a carrier for 47-48 years.
1. Slimantics: Lessons in gratitude from an 8-year-old LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Froma Harrop: Are you happy? NATIONAL COLUMNS
3. Wyatt Emmerich: We have much to be thankful for LOCAL COLUMNS
4. Kathleen Parker: Crazy is as crazy does NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Editorial cartoon for 11-25-15 NATIONAL COLUMNS