December 18, 2010 7:48:00 PM
Earlier this month in our annual Christmas card, our paper carrier noted she would be retiring from delivering our paper. I got to thinking about what a great carrier she has been through the years. Not once have we missed a paper. Growing up my younger brother had a paper route that I would help him with occasionally, it is no small task.
I think all the years of great service from Annie McDaniel are certainly worth a rose. Her card said she had been a carrier for 47-48 years.
1. Lynn Spruill: Meditation LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Our View: It's easy to get excited about college football DISPATCH EDITORIALS
3. George Will: Navy with a mission in mind NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Froma Harrop: The smallness of being in economy class NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Our View: Body cameras can protect citizens, police alike DISPATCH EDITORIALS