December 22, 2010 11:50:00 AM
In this season when Christians celebrate the birth of the Prince of Peace, when they sing of Peace on Earth, Good Will Toward Men, there is no peace. We, our country, are not in a state of peace but a state of war, Endless War.
We are now less than four years from the 100th anniversary of the Great War of 1914-1918, the First World War. In the many decades since that "war to end all wars" we have lurched from one war to another with numerous lesser military adventures sprinkled in between.
What has all this gotten us? Peace? Security? Of course not, and it never will. War only begets more war.
If you agree with me that this "warring madness" must stop, by all means pray for peace. Just don''t stop there. Let your congressman, your senators and legislators, let every public official you see know how you feel. And keep on doing it. Wage endless peace.
1. Our View: State flag is bad for Mississippi's brand DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Patrick Buchanan: Quo vadis, America? NATIONAL COLUMNS
3. Lynn Spruill: Journey's end LOCAL COLUMNS
4. Editorial Cartoon for 7-2-15 NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Our View: State flag is bad for Mississippi's brand DISPATCH EDITORIALS