January 14, 2011 10:39:00 AM
I have been extremely concerned with the tone of things in this country, especially with the killings of innocent people, including a 9-year-old girl, in Tucson. Folks are getting downright nasty with each other. I wish the media would pull back and reassess their role. It seems to me that if the media would not stoke the fires of division we, the people, would respond in a more positive manner. We need some level heads and role models to step up. It seems to me that if each one of us stepped back and took a deep breath before speaking it would help. Let us all practice the Golden Rule, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
Helen Sue Parrish
zenreaper commented at 1/16/2011 9:39:00 AM:
The shooter in Tucson is INSANE. If it was not the "media" or the "politicians", it would have been his DOG or the microwave transmissions from the CIA that caused him to act in such a manner.
1. Ask Rufus: The origin of 'Mississippi' LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Roses and thorns: 6/26/16 ROSES & THORNS
3. Voice of the people: Sarah Studdard LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
4. Patrick J. Buchanan: Has Trump found the formula? NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Partial to Home: Bluegrass in the heart of the county LOCAL COLUMNS