January 22, 2011 8:29:00 PM
In response to the e-mail from verity concerning the move date of the Sturgis South rally from August to October, my opinion is that the change is the best thing that has happened to keep the rally going. I was there in August to show my 1959 Panhead. After winning the antique class, I could not stay, and it WAS due to heat! I had already paid my full registration fee and intended to stay much longer.
I think if you did a survey on the date change, you would find many in favor of the new dates. You should not let your personal feelings enter into your opinion.
The town of Sturgis goes to great lengths to put on a show that every one can enjoy and should be appreciated.
1. Our View: Finding a successor for Mr. Lewis DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Ask Rufus: Coming home at Christmas LOCAL COLUMNS
3. Lynn Spruill: Universal language LOCAL COLUMNS
4. Dana Milbank: Marco Rubio's fury NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Michael Gerson: For a politics of repair NATIONAL COLUMNS