The tourism bureau, which has been busy welcoming visitors for the past week, received a little welcome news of its own Monday.
We wish this was an April Fool's joke, but it isn't: Each Mississippian, on average, consumes 82 gallons of soda per year.
Civil War reenactment bands are noted for their playing of period music. Bands recreating Southern units are always thought of as playing Dixie and The Bonnie Blue Flag but the popular music of the South was much more varied.
A frequent question is; "why are there so many crooked streets in Columbus?" Columbus architect and historian Sam Kaye has studied the physical development of Columbus and has the answer.
A week ago I underwent major heart surgery at Baptist Hospital in Columbus. While the surgery could not have gone any better and the doctors, nurses and staff could not have been any more caring, I am an outdoors person who could only look out of a window while spending four days in the Critical Care Un
1. Ask Rufus: Stand Fast Mississippians LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Birney Imes: On the road with Louie and Sprocket LOCAL COLUMNS
3. Kathleen Parker: The new SAT don't care 'bout no fancy words NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Roses and thorns: 3/9/14 ROSES & THORNS