We wish this was an April Fool's joke, but it isn't: Each Mississippian, on average, consumes 82 gallons of soda per year.
Civil War reenactment bands are noted for their playing of period music. Bands recreating Southern units are always thought of as playing Dixie and The Bonnie Blue Flag but the popular music of the South was much more varied.
A frequent question is; "why are there so many crooked streets in Columbus?" Columbus architect and historian Sam Kaye has studied the physical development of Columbus and has the answer.
A week ago I underwent major heart surgery at Baptist Hospital in Columbus. While the surgery could not have gone any better and the doctors, nurses and staff could not have been any more caring, I am an outdoors person who could only look out of a window while spending four days in the Critical Care Un
1. Our View: Columbus school board sinks to new low DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Our view: Excuse for three-person budget committee is pathetic at best DISPATCH EDITORIALS
3. Charlie Mitchell: The law as a pacifier LOCAL COLUMNS
4. Possumhaw: Hanging by a thread LOCAL COLUMNS
5. Froma Harrop: Lessons not learned in Boston NATIONAL COLUMNS