This summer Starkville's city leaders engaged an independent consulting firm to develop a new comprehensive plan.
Typically, if you want to attend Columbus City Council meeting, you don't have to worry about finding a good seat. You can usually take your pick.
Several good friends and readers have asked me to weigh in on the Initiative 42 referendum.
What Netflix is to lovers of TV series, The Eudora Welty Symposium is to book lovers.
Three months ago, this writer sent out a column entitled, "Could Trump Win?" meaning the Republican nomination.
Over the period of several months, the city of Columbus and its police department have worked towards building a stronger relationship with the people in our community.
With the latest poll numbers tallied and political pundits having spoken, a consensus has emerged: Hillary Clinton won the first Democratic debate and, barring a Benghazi pinata exploding with revelations, has cinched the nomination.
Please find a rich person -- which isn't easy in Mississippi -- and offer him or her a hug today.
1. Ask Rufus: Celebrating the Fourth LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Voice of the people: Mildred Wiggins LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
3. Partial to Home: A visit with Bo 'Tomato Man' Jones LOCAL COLUMNS
4. Roses and thorns: 6/25/17 ROSES & THORNS
5. Patrick J. Buchanan: The passing of the Pelosi era NATIONAL COLUMNS