Last week it was announced that the City Of Columbus was purchasing the Gilmer Inn in downtown Columbus.
Tuesday, Mississippians will go to the polls to determine the outcome of numerous local and state elections, including who will be our governor.
One of the overriding challenges facing organizations is how to increase membership and encourage wider involvement.
When all else is failing, reinvent yourself.
The question was first posed by Juvenal, a Latin poet whose life spanned the first and second centuries: Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Translation: "Who watches the watchmen?"
Next Tuesday, voters will go to the polls to determine a handful of local offices, as well as decide the outcome of statewide races, including governor, lieutenant governor and attorney general.
"If the Cold War is over, what's the point of being an American?" said Rabbit Angstrom, the protagonist of the John Updike novels.
1. Ask Rufus: Lost churches of Columbus LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Editorial Cartoons for 8-20-17 NATIONAL COLUMNS
3. Voice of the people: Lee Roy Lollar Jr. LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
4. Slimantics: If an eclipse can stop one war ... LOCAL COLUMNS
5. Roses and thorns: 8/20/17 ROSES & THORNS