Do you know your neighbors? Local attorney and Dispatch columnist Scott Colom asked this question in a column on this page yesterday, bemoaning the decline of our neighborhoods.
The tourism bureau, which has been busy welcoming visitors for the past week, received a little welcome news of its own Monday.
We wish this was an April Fool's joke, but it isn't: Each Mississippian, on average, consumes 82 gallons of soda per year.
Civil War reenactment bands are noted for their playing of period music. Bands recreating Southern units are always thought of as playing Dixie and The Bonnie Blue Flag but the popular music of the South was much more varied.
A frequent question is; "why are there so many crooked streets in Columbus?" Columbus architect and historian Sam Kaye has studied the physical development of Columbus and has the answer.
1. Our View: Art is everywhere DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Leonard Pitts: Michael Brown no angel? Why should it matter? NATIONAL COLUMNS
3. Voice of the people: Cameron Triplett LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
4. Voice of the people: Robin Thompson LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
5. Our View: After failed bond, Lowndes still has options DISPATCH EDITORIALS