A rose to New Hope baseball coach Lee Boyd who frequently deflected credit for the Trojans' back-to-back state Class 5A baseball champions away from himself and to his players. While his players certainly deserve their share of the credit, Boyd's contributions are difficult to dismiss.
A rose to the Market Street Festival, which was held this weekend in downtown Columbus. We acknowledge all who had a hand in making this year's event a success, including Main Street Columbus and director Barbara Bigelow, and her staff, more than 400 volunteers, police/fire personnel, entertainers, organizer Amber Brislin and, of course, visitors.
A rose to East Mississippi Community College, which has been chosen as one of the nation's Top 150 community colleges by the Aspen Institute College Excellence Program. The distinction will allow EMCC to compete for the 2014 Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence and $1 million in prize funds.
1. Possumhaw: When flip-flops are the fashion LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Editorial Cartoon for 5-4-15 NATIONAL COLUMNS
3. Voice of the people: Raymond Gross LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
4. Patrick Buchanan: Killer cops or malicious prosecutor? NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Froma Harrop: On the Internet, nobody knows you're a fraud NATIONAL COLUMNS