A rose to the Market Street Festival, which was held this weekend in downtown Columbus. We acknowledge all who had a hand in making this year's event a success, including Main Street Columbus and director Barbara Bigelow, and her staff, more than 400 volunteers, police/fire personnel, entertainers, organizer Amber Brislin and, of course, visitors.
A rose to East Mississippi Community College, which has been chosen as one of the nation's Top 150 community colleges by the Aspen Institute College Excellence Program. The distinction will allow EMCC to compete for the 2014 Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence and $1 million in prize funds.
1. Our View: Bill Minor: A light in dark places DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Our View: 'Tales from the Crypt' far more than entertainment DISPATCH EDITORIALS
3. Voice of the people: George Hazard LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
4. Steve Chapman: Opioid deaths: another drug-war failure NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Patrick Buchanan: The continuing decline of Congress NATIONAL COLUMNS