Over the last seventy years, I have read, studied and taught history. So a passage in a letter by one of the paper's frequent contributors caught my attention: "You can try to change your thoughts of history, but you can't change history."
1. Our View: Mayhew: From bees and beer to a center for education DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Patrick Buchanan: Who truly imperils our free society? NATIONAL COLUMNS
3. Voice of the people: Saul Vydas LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
4. Editorial cartoons for 9-20-17 NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Editorial cartoon for 9-21-17 NATIONAL COLUMNS