I have a few observations on Tuesday's election for Senate.
Seeing how The Dispatch has shown it's liberal leanings and pro 'anything' Obama in the past, we can see beyond the shadow of a doubt who the conservative candidate is in the race for U.S. senator. It's plainly not Thad Cochran whom The Dispatch has endorsed.
McDaniel's campaign schedule belies his true political agenda: Secret fundraisers, outside interests, and corporate welfare. Mississippi Republicans endorse Cochran since there's a growing backlash against Tea Party extremists here, in DC, and across the country
1. Susan Estrich: Close to home NATIONAL COLUMNS
2. Michael Gerson: The GOP as the party of reform NATIONAL COLUMNS
3. Lynn Spruill: Lest we forget LOCAL COLUMNS
4. Froma Harrop: Doing well by doing good -- but better by doing bad NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Our View: Summer's home stretch DISPATCH EDITORIALS