I was quite disappointed with the inaccuracies in Jeff Clark's article Sunday, which reported on a lawsuit against Mayor Robert Smith, Brandy Gardner and Kennetra Floyd filed by a Monique Montgomery in an attempt to force the Mayor's Youth Council (MYC) to take her daughter on a trip to Hattiesburg.
As a result of House Republicans holding the debt ceiling hostage and refusing to raise the debt limit in the summer of 2011 (paying the bills they had already approved)...the United States credit rating was immediately lowered, causing borrowing costs to increase for everyone and slowing growth.
The CPD took less than three hours to spend $10,000 of tax-payer money to "buy back" firearms from the public. At $20 for airguns, that's at most 500 non-lethal items, and at $300 for "assault"-style weapons, that's at most 33 firearms, so between 33 and 500 items were "bought back."
On behalf of parents of children in the Starkville School District (SSD), we oppose House Bill 716, which provides for consolidation of the Starkville School District and the Oktibbeha County School District (OCSD).
1. Kathleen Parker: Trump's night of sniffles and screw-ups NATIONAL COLUMNS
2. Our View: The high cost of chutzpah DISPATCH EDITORIALS
3. Editorial cartoons for 9-28-16 NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Our View: Your vote is your voice DISPATCH EDITORIALS
5. Froma Harrop: Donald Trump writ large NATIONAL COLUMNS