For years now, I have been trying to get the city to address, and fix, a ditch that has repeatedly flooded my mother's yard, carport room and has left water standing under the house, which I am sure is damaging the timbers of the flooring.
How unfortunate that once more a prominent part of the black community appears to consider race the determining factor in matters of public interest and concern. Seemingly, we are at a point where the race of the local superintendent of schools is more important than the quality of education made available to the schoolchildren.
Tuesday afternoon I went to the polls at Union Academy to cast my vote. I expected to be in and out in about six minutes as usual as the crowd was light.
1. Our View: Council's decision to hire crime consultant a positive step DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Voice of the people: Heath Fisackerly LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
3. Steve Chapman: On ethics, Trump is no Obama NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Editorial cartoon for 1-19-17 NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Healthcare clinic a positive move DISPATCH EDITORIALS