We all bleed blood when we go to the doctor.
Marshall Ramsey, Mississippi's award wining cartoonist, published a cartoon in the July 12 edition of The Clarion Ledger that adequately describes a similar situation in Starkville.
For years now, I have been trying to get the city to address, and fix, a ditch that has repeatedly flooded my mother's yard, carport room and has left water standing under the house, which I am sure is damaging the timbers of the flooring.
How unfortunate that once more a prominent part of the black community appears to consider race the determining factor in matters of public interest and concern. Seemingly, we are at a point where the race of the local superintendent of schools is more important than the quality of education made available to the schoolchildren.
1. Ask Rufus: Celebrating the Fourth LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Partial to Home: A visit with Bo 'Tomato Man' Jones LOCAL COLUMNS
3. Roses and thorns: 6/25/17 ROSES & THORNS
4. Patrick J. Buchanan: The passing of the Pelosi era NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Froma Harrop: Trump as Caesar: Irresponsible, nasty, fun NATIONAL COLUMNS