We all bleed blood when we go to the doctor.
Marshall Ramsey, Mississippi's award wining cartoonist, published a cartoon in the July 12 edition of The Clarion Ledger that adequately describes a similar situation in Starkville.
For years now, I have been trying to get the city to address, and fix, a ditch that has repeatedly flooded my mother's yard, carport room and has left water standing under the house, which I am sure is damaging the timbers of the flooring.
How unfortunate that once more a prominent part of the black community appears to consider race the determining factor in matters of public interest and concern. Seemingly, we are at a point where the race of the local superintendent of schools is more important than the quality of education made available to the schoolchildren.
1. Patrick Buchanan: Protect kids or confiscate guns? NATIONAL COLUMNS
2. Our View: More names needed for second school district seat DISPATCH EDITORIALS
3. Editorial cartoons for 2-23-18 NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Ask Rufus: The Tombigbee Disasters of March 1 LOCAL COLUMNS
5. Possumhaw: Some things never change LOCAL COLUMNS