Sunday fire damages Starkville home

January 15, 2013 10:49:21 AM

  -

 

STARKVILLE -- A Sunday night fire at a mobile home in Starkville left no injuries, but heat and smoke damage will make the home temporarily uninhabitable. 

 

According to Oktibbeha County Fire Services Coordinator Kirk Rosenhan, members of the East Oktibbeha County Volunteer Fire Department were called to 611 Jordan Lane, just east of Starkville, at 8:48 p.m. Sunday. 

 

Units from the Bell Schoolhouse Fire Department were brought in to assist the East Oktibbeha VFD. 

 

No one was home at the time of the fire, Rosenhan said, and the fire was quickly contained, but the structure was damaged extensively.