Circuit Court 9-15-09
September 15, 2009 9:25:00 AM
The following actions were taken during the recent session of 16th Circuit Court in Lowndes County
Judge James Kitchens presiding
- Jermaine Cotton, 1815 10th Ave. N. in Columbus, pleaded guilty to burglary of a dwelling. Cotton was sentenced to 12 years in Mississippi Department of Corrections and ordered to pay $5,787 in restitution.
Judge Lee Howard presiding
- Thomas L. Phillips, of 564 McCullough Road in Columbus, pleaded guilty to fraudulent use of ID and identity theft. Phillips was sentenced to one year house arrest and fined $1,000.
- Andrew Wyatt, of 2403 Barley Ave. in Columbus, pleaded guilty to possession of a weapon by a felon. Wyatt was sentenced to one year house arrest and four years probation.
- Daunte Hairston, of 1224 Railroad St. in Columbus, pleaded guilty to possession of cocaine, less than 10 grams, and sale of cocaine. Hairston was sentenced to 20 years in MDOC and five years post-release supervision.
- Shawn Jones, of 810 Belmont Drive in Columbus, pleaded guilty to receiving stolen property. Jones was sentenced to five years probation and ordered to pay $5,000 in fines and restitution.
- Elijah Bennett Dowdle, of 671 Hodges Shelton Road in Columbus, was sentenced as a habitual offender for possession of cocaine to eight years in MDOC and fined $20,000.