Burning cooking pot causes fire at Columbus home

February 4, 2010 9:54:00 AM

  -

 

Columbus Fire Department officials determined fire from a cooking pot on a stove caused a fire Tuesday afternoon at the residence of Jimmy Richard. 

 

According to CFD Rick Graves said two pumper trucks were sent to Richard''s home at 817 25th St. N. in Columbus. 

 

"There was a pot on the stove that created smoke and a fire. Our firefighters were there for at least an hour to control the blaze. The structure is a one-story, wood frame home," he said. 

 

Graves said Richard suffered no injuries. 

 

According to television reports, a passing motorist stopped and came to the aid of Richard. 

 

"There is no indication about that in our report," Graves said.