Junior Auxiliary of Columbus announces court, pages for 60th annual ball
March 6, 2010 9:48:00 PM
Jan Swoope - email@example.com
Junior Auxiliary of Columbus announces the court and pages for the organization''s 60th annual Charity Ball and Pageant to be held Saturday, April 10, at Trotter Convention Center. Doors will open at 7 p.m. Presentation of the court will begin at 8 p.m.
Trumpeting the arrival of the king and queen will be pages Nicholas Edward Hairston IV and Sam Christopher Hannon.
Nicholas is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Nicholas Edward Hairston III. His mother, Bethany Reed Hairston, served as queen of the 1996 ball.
Sam is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Scott Christopher Hannon and the great-grandson of 1979 ball king William Robert Phillips Jr.
Following the presentation of the court, patrons will enjoy a brief play about Demonstration School, "If These Walls Could Talk," written by Pam Rhea of Columbus. A Royalty Breakfast begins at 9:30 p.m. The ball lasts until midnight, with entertainment provided by Swing Shift.
Tickets to the 60th anniversary event are $35 for seating on the main floor, $15 for balcony tickets and $16 for breakfast tickets. To purchase tickets, contact Amy Sharp at 662-889-0807.
Members of the 2010 court are:
- Thomas Douglas Bateman IV, son of Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Douglas Bateman III;
- Thomas Julian Boggess, son of Dr. and Mrs. Joseph Slattery Boggess;
- Caroline Emily Borland, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. James Alan Borland and Mrs. Frances Jones Borland;
- Brook Daniel Bowen, son of Mr. and Mrs. John R. Bowen;
- Hunter Oakley Brown, son of Dr. and Mrs. Brett Oakley Brown;
- John Charles Cesare, son of Mr. and Mrs. John Albert Cesare;
- James Douglas Dalrymple II, son of Mr. and Mrs. James Douglas Dalrymple;
- Matthew Jordan Dickey, son of Mr. Christopher Nathaniel Dickey and the late Kimberly Keys Dickey;
- Madison Ann Ford, daughter of Dr. and Mrs. Floyd Norman Ford;
- Allen Boyd Hardy Jr., son of Mrs. Allen Boyd Hardy and the late Allen Hardy;
- Elias Michael Kerby III, son of Mr. and Mrs. Elias Michael Kerby Jr.;
- Joseph Shaker Leist, son of Mr. and Mrs. James Robert Leist;
- Morgan Claire Lott, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Bearden Lott;
- Emily Marie McConnell, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. James Kyle McConnell;
- Elizabeth Chase Pridmore, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Kevin Scott Pridmore;
- Campbell McKellar Proffitt, son of Mr. John Campbell Proffitt and Mrs. Sara Beth Proffitt;
- William Steven Swedenburg, son of Mr. and Mrs. Paul Steven Swedenburg;
- Chelsea Elizabeth Taylor, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. John Nutie Dowdle;
- Joshua Meeks Tentoni, son of Mr. and Mrs. Andrew Vincent Tentoni;
- Amelia Cathryn Ward, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. James Warren Ward;
- William Joseph West, son of Mr. and Mrs. William Henry West
Jan Swoope is the Lifestyles Editor for The Commercial Dispatch.