Market Street road closures to begin Friday
May 6, 2010 10:28:00 AM
Numerous streets will begin closing Friday morning and afternoon for the 15th annual Market Street Festival.
According to information from Main Street Columbus, the following streets will be closed beginning at 6 a.m. Friday:
- Main Street from Sixth Street South to Fifth Street.
- Main Street from Fifth Street South to Third Street South.
- Fifth Street South to Fifth Street North will remain open until noon on Friday. This includes the intersection of Fifth and Main, but only for north and south bound traffic.
The following streets are scheduled to be closed starting Friday at 3 p.m.:
- Fifth Street South from Main Street to Third Avenue South.
- Fifth Street North from Main Street to Second Avenue North.
- College Street from Third Street to Seventh Street S.
- Main Street from Third Street South to Seventh Street South.
- Main Street from Fifth Street to Sixth Street is scheduled to be closed until noon on Sunday, May 9, for Main Stage break down and removal. Also, Main Street from Third to Fifth Street is closed until no later than 2 p.m. Sunday for removal of food court and electrical poles.
- Third Avenue South from Third Street South to Seventh Street South will also be closed at 3 p.m. Friday. Others include:
- Sixth Street South from Main Street to Third Avenue South.
- Fourth Street South from Main Street to Third Avenue South.
- Fourth Street N. from Main Street to Second Avenue South.
- Third Street South from Main Street to Third Avenue South will be one way going south.
Other parking areas closed will include the parking lot behind J. Broussard''s, parking lot behind Parker Furniture, the city parking lot behind U.S. Post Office and the parking lot at the Tennessee Williams Welcome Center.
Any questions concerning parking and closings should be directed to the Main Street Columbus office at 662-328-6305, or the Columbus Police Department at 662-244-3500.