March 8, 2011 10:07:00 AM
Tyler Blevins allowed just one hit in three innings Monday to lead the Columbus High School baseball team to a 15-5 victory against Noxubee County.
Jimmy Cockrell and Christian Dale each had three hits, while Chris McCullough had a triple, sacrifice fly and three RBIs.
Hunter Mullis and Nick Durrah pitched the final two innings in the game, which was shortened to five innings due to the mercy rule.
n Calhoun Academy 12-2, Immanuel Christian 2-3: At Bruce, A.J. Johnston pitched a complete game in game two to help the Rams (1-7) earn a split of the doubleheader at Bruce High School.
Johnston (1-0) allowed one earned run and struck out three. He also had a sacrifice fly that drove in the go-ahead run in the fourth inning.
Zach Strickland went 1-for-3 with a run scored, and Wade Lee was 1-for-1 with a run scored.
In the first game, Justin James was 2-for-3 with a run, Jeremy Davidson was 1-for-3 with two RBIs, Lee was 1-for-2, and Joel Meek was 2-for-2.
Dustin White (0-4) took the loss.
n Pickens Academy 5, Patrician Academy 3: At Carrollton, Ala., Chase Davidson struck out 15 in his complete-game win.
Davidson (2-1) allowed six hits and walked three.
Bryant Fikes and Jacob Acker each had two hits for Pickens Academy, who will play host to Central Academy at 6 p.m. Thursday.
1. MSMS junior Browning making impression at striker HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
2. Bulldogs remain fourth in College Playoff ranking COLLEGE SPORTS
3. MSU won't need extra motivation this week COLLEGE SPORTS
4. Vivians honored as MSU women return to national rankings COLLEGE SPORTS
5. Ole Miss will try to dash Mississippi State's hopes COLLEGE SPORTS