March 8, 2011 10:07:00 AM
Tyler Blevins allowed just one hit in three innings Monday to lead the Columbus High School baseball team to a 15-5 victory against Noxubee County.
Jimmy Cockrell and Christian Dale each had three hits, while Chris McCullough had a triple, sacrifice fly and three RBIs.
Hunter Mullis and Nick Durrah pitched the final two innings in the game, which was shortened to five innings due to the mercy rule.
n Calhoun Academy 12-2, Immanuel Christian 2-3: At Bruce, A.J. Johnston pitched a complete game in game two to help the Rams (1-7) earn a split of the doubleheader at Bruce High School.
Johnston (1-0) allowed one earned run and struck out three. He also had a sacrifice fly that drove in the go-ahead run in the fourth inning.
Zach Strickland went 1-for-3 with a run scored, and Wade Lee was 1-for-1 with a run scored.
In the first game, Justin James was 2-for-3 with a run, Jeremy Davidson was 1-for-3 with two RBIs, Lee was 1-for-2, and Joel Meek was 2-for-2.
Dustin White (0-4) took the loss.
n Pickens Academy 5, Patrician Academy 3: At Carrollton, Ala., Chase Davidson struck out 15 in his complete-game win.
Davidson (2-1) allowed six hits and walked three.
Bryant Fikes and Jacob Acker each had two hits for Pickens Academy, who will play host to Central Academy at 6 p.m. Thursday.
1. West Lowndes wins South State to complete sweep HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
2. Parks likes Starkville Academy's chances in playoffs HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
3. Brock, Buckner push New Hope into Round 3 HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
4. Starkville baseball drops series opener to Tupelo HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
5. SA's Williams will get chance to play soccer at Meridian C.C. HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS